DUBLIN – (COMMERCIAL THREAD)–The “Global eyewear market, by product type (sunglasses, contact lenses, sports glasses and others (safety glasses and protective eyewear)), by end user (women, men and unisex), by distribution channel , By Region Competition, Forecast & Opportunities, 2026 “ report was added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The global eyewear market is expected to reach USD 111.12 billion by 2026F, with a CAGR of 5.83% during the forecast period.
The global eyewear market is driven by population growth, economic development and the purchasing power of consumers. The market has grown as diseases such as cataracts, myopia and hyper myopia become more common, and ophthalmologists prescribe glasses after diagnosis to provide clear vision. As adults and children spend more time on digital screens, glasses have become a daily requirement.
The global eyewear market is segmented into product type, end user, distribution channel, region and company. In terms of product type, the global eyewear market is further segmented into sunglasses, eyewear, contact lenses, sports eyewear and others (safety and protective eyewear). Of these, sunglasses account for the majority of the market share in the global eyewear market, which was around 42% in 2020 and is expected to continue to dominate during the forecast period as sunglasses are fashionable and protect the eyes from sun damage and conjunctivitis. People have different pairs of sunglasses for different occasions. Contact lenses are the fastest growing segment of product type because they provide a natural field of vision, do not have a frame to obstruct vision, and significantly reduce distortion. In addition, unlike glasses, they do not fog up or cause glare.
In terms of distribution channel, the global eyewear market can be segmented into specialty stores, supermarkets / hypermarkets, multi-brand stores, online channels and others (over the counter, makeup and beauty stores, etc.). Among these, specialty stores accounted for the majority of the global eyewear market share in 2020 and will continue to dominate the market throughout the forecast period. Nowadays, online sales have grown tremendously as more consumers have turned to e-commerce for better prices and discounts, convenience and a wider product selection including private labels. from major online retailers.
The major players operating in the global eyewear market are EssilorLuxottica, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., The Cooper Companies Inc., Alcon Vision LLC, Fielmann AG, Bausch Health Companies Inc., Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, Safilo Group SpA, De Rigo Vision SpA and others.
To stay competitive in the market, eyewear companies focus on developing unique marketing strategies and use up-to-date technology to enrich the customer experience and stay competitive in the global eyewear market. They differentiate their product and communicate their unique selling proposition to consumers through different media. They also position their brand in a way that builds consumer confidence.
Goal of the study:
- To analyze and estimate the market size of the global eyewear market from 2016 to 2020.
- Estimate and forecast the global eyewear market market size from 2021 to 2026 and the growth rate to 2026F.
- To classify and forecast the global eyewear market on the basis of product type, end user, distribution channel, region, and company.
- To examine competitive developments such as extensions, new product launches, mergers and acquisitions, etc., in the global eyewear market.
- Identify the dominant region or segment of the global eyewear market.
- Identify the drivers and challenges of the global eyewear market.
- Identify and analyze the profile of the major players operating in the global eyewear market.
- To identify the key sustainable strategies adopted by market players in the global eyewear market.
Main topics covered:
1. Product overview
2. Research methodology
3. Impact of COVID-19 on the global eyewear market
4. Executive summary
5. Voice of the customer
6. Global Eyewear Market Outlook
7. North America Eyewear Market Outlook
8. Asia-Pacific Eyewear Market Outlook
9. Outlook for the eyewear market in Europe
10. South America Eyewear Market Outlook
11. Outlook for the eyewear market in the Middle East and Africa
12. Market dynamics
13. Market trends and developments
14. Competitive landscape
- EssilorLuxottica SA
- Bausch Health Companies Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson Services Inc.
- Cooper Companies Inc
- Alcon Vision LLC
- Feilmann SA
- Carl Zeiss Meditec SA
- Safilo SpA Group
- From Rigo Vision SpA
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/nifcpy
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for market research reports and international market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, major companies, new products and the latest trends.